Curry Chicken Salad
Total 2 hours (includes chilling time)
Active 25 mins
Makes 6 servings
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, water chestnuts, toasted almonds, and chives (hold back a few almonds and chives for garnish). Toss to combine evenly, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and white pepper. Pour over the chicken and stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle the chicken salad with the reserved almonds and chives and serve with toast and endive leaves (if using).
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Toasting Nuts & Sesame Seeds. TO TOAST ON THE STOVETOP: Place the nuts or seeds in a single layer in a dry skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and fragrant, 4 to 8 minutes. Immediately transfer the nuts or seeds to a plate to cool.
- Toasting Nuts & Sesame Seeds. TO TOAST IN THE OVEN: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the nuts or seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven, shaking the pan once or twice, until lightly browned and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately transfer the nuts or seeds to a plate to cool.