Chewy Granola Bars
Total 2 hours (includes chilling time)
Active 20 mins
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the oats and almonds on the pan and bake until the almonds are fragrant, about 10 minutes. Add the coconut and bake until the coconut and oats are lightly toasted and the almonds are golden, about 5 minutes longer. Pour the mixture into a large heatproof bowl and add the cherries.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, and salt. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the pan and add the vanilla pod. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully remove the vanilla pod, using a small knife to scrape any remaining seeds into the pan.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Add half the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, allowing the paper to extend past the sides to use as a lift later. Spread the mixture into the dish and press down with the back of a silicone spatula. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the mixture and press firmly to set.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lift the block from the pan using the parchment and place it on a cutting board. Cut the block into squares or other desired shapes or crumble and use to top vanilla ice cream.