Buttermilk Blueberry Puff
Total 50 mins, includes cooling time
Active 15 mins
Makes 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9 x 13 x 3-inch (deep) baking dish with the 1 tablespoon butter.
- Spread the croissant cubes evenly in the dish. Top with the berries.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer), beat the 12 tablespoons butter with the granulated sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the cream, buttermilk, vanilla, and salt (the mixture may appear curdled).
- Pour over the croissants and berries in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Serve warm.
- The puff is best eaten warm, soon after baking, but leftovers can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.