- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Rub the roast with the olive oil and sprinkle it evenly with the salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, sear the roast until browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, beef broth, Worcestershire, and thyme to the pot. Cover, transfer to the oven, and roast until the meat falls apart and the vegetables are fork tender, about 4 hours.
- Serve the pot roast hot with the vegetables.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
“Magnolia Table: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering, Volume 2” by Joanna Gaines © William Morrow 2020. Provided courtesy of Joanna Gaines. All rights reserved.