There’s no doubt that Jo’s brownie pie from the Magnolia Table cookbook is a crowd favorite—but when swirled layers of sweet raspberry preserves, tangy cheesecake and rich chocolate come together: magic happens.
As an added twist, raspberry can be easily substituted for another fruit flavored preserve to make this recipe to your liking! We can’t wait for you to try Jo’s brownie pie with a springtime flair!
Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie Pie Recipe
Makes 8 servings
+ Frozen pie crust, thawed (for homemade Pie Crust, see page 28 of the Magnolia Table cookbook)
Raspberry Cheesecake Mixture
+ 8 oz softened cream cheese
+ ⅓ cup sugar
+ 1 egg
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ ½ cup red raspberry preserves (you can also evenly substitute for another fruit flavor)
Brownie Pie Filling
+ 8 tbsp butter, unsalted
+ 2 oz baking chocolate, unsweetened
+ 1 cup sugar
+ ½ tsp salt
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ 3 eggs
+ ½ cup flour
+ ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. If your pie crust is frozen, let it thaw out before filling it.
Part 1: Brownie Pie Filling
3. Heat the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the sugar until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Whisk the eggs into the cooled brownie mixture one at a time. Whisk in the flour, vanilla extract and salt.
6. Fold in chocolate morsels. Pour half of the brownie batter into the pie crust. Set aside.
Part 2: Raspberry Cheesecake Mixture
7. Whisk the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
8. Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of brownie batter in the crust. Dollop raspberry preserves and the remaining brownie batter on top. Use a knife to swirl together to create a marbled look.
9. Bake until just set and a crust forms on top, approximately 50-60 minutes. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
10. To store, wrap tightly and keep at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Past that the crust could become soggy.
Top with homemade whipped cream and fresh raspberries, or even drizzle more raspberry preserves on top and enjoy. Oh, and happy pi(e) day!
CLICK LINK TO PRINT RECIPE CARDS: raspberry cheesecake brownie pie recipe
These printable recipe cards fit right in our Acacia Recipe Box.
S O U R C E B O O K
Here’s where you can find the specific products we used in this blog.