Chicken Street Tacos
Total an hour
Active 30 mins
Makes 4 to 5 servings
TIP: Serve with Cilantro Lime Rice, which can be found in “Magnolia Table: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering, Volume 2” (same as the tacos).
- Shredded Chicken
- To make the shredded chicken: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and season them all over with the spice mixture. Slowly pour the chicken broth onto the bottom of the dish (so as not to disturb the spices) and cover with foil.
- Bake until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside to cool for approximately 5 minutes, then shred the chicken with forks and return it to the juices in the baking dish until ready to serve.
- To make the tacos: In a medium bowl, stir together the corn, Cotija, pickled red onion, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, char the tortillas for 1 minute on each side, until browning begins. You want the tortillas to still be malleable, not hard or crispy.
- Layer the chicken and corn mixture in the tortillas and serve.